Once you get pregnant, you are happy because you know that you will be giving the world a new soul. However, to some women, this time of their lives can be difficult to cope with especially at night when they have to carry an extra weight during their sleep.
To facilitate comfortability, doctors recommend expectant mothers to buy the best boppy pregnancy pillows. It ensures that you are comfortable in your pelvic region, your tummy, and your whole body. In this article, we will explore the best boppy pregnancy pillows in the market.
List of Best Boppy Pregnancy Pillow in 2019 Reviews:
Tips for choosing Boppy Pregnancy Pillows
- Filling: Some of the fillings that manufacturers fill the pillows with can be uncomfortable. Therefore, be sure to check whether it is soft. For instance, Styrofoam ball filling, and memory foam filling are very comfortable.
- Cover: A good pillow should have a removable cover so that you can wash it instead of having to wash the whole pillow.
- Hypoallergenic material: Pregnant women become sensitive; therefore, it is important to know the type of filling that the manufacturer uses and the material on the cover. If you have infections such as asthma, then it is good to get a hypoallergenic pillow.
- Size: Purchase a suitable pregnancy pillow depending on the size of your body. Additionally, before you buy one, consider the size of your bed. You do not want an instance where some parts of the pillow sag on the edges of the bed.
- Firmness: Doctors recommend that you choose a more firm pillow to a soft one. Soft pillows do not provide the necessary body support that you require.
Also, consider the body parts that require the pillow’s assistance. Areas that hurt most when you wake up are suitable for placing the pillow. You may also want to consult a nurse or a medical practitioner before you decide on the best pregnancy pillow to choose.
9. Boppy Side Sleeper Pregnancy Pillow – Boppy Pregnancy Pillows
By: Boppy Boppy Pregnancy Pillows
Expectant mothers can use this best boppy pregnancy pillow for traveling, sitting, sleeping on your side, and lounging. The manufacturer uses virgin fiber for the filling. Regardless of the bump’s growth, the pillow will still offer support to the body as it has a stretch panel that increases in size with your increasing bump.
The cover is also removable and machine washable.
- Uses virgin fiber
- Suitable for sitting, sleeping, and lounging
- Has a compact design
8. Pregnancy Pillow, Boppy Pregnancy Pillow Maternity Pillow with Contoured U-Shape
By: Bluestone Boppy Pregnancy Pillows
This oversize boppy pregnancy pillow will ensure that the expectant mother remains comfortable during sleep. The pillow will offer you with the comfort that you need from your head to your toe. Also, I noticed that the pillow will offer support to the baby, the mother’s back, and the hip joints.
If you experience pregnancy pains such as sciatica, then this will provide the comfort you need during the night, and reduces the number of times that you turn from one side to another.
- You can use it when watching TV, reading or relaxing
- Outer cover is hypoallergenic cotton
- Uses polyester filling
7. Full Body Pregnancy Pillow – Hypoallergenic Maternity Support Cushion for Pregnant or Nursing Women
By: ComfySure Boppy Pregnancy Pillows
If you keep turning while sleeping, then this is the best solution for your problem. You no longer need to place pillows under your body when sleeping, or when watching TV. Primarily, this boppy pillow is made of a hypoallergenic material; hence, if you have sensitive skin or allergies, then you are safe.
Mothers can use the same pillow to place the infant during breastfeeding. Because it is huge, be sure to use it in a king size bed.
- Perfect gift for nursing moms
- Dimensions 28.5 X 58 inches
- Machine washable- You should set the machine in a cold and gentle cycle
6. Leachco Back ‘N Belly Contoured Body Pillow, Boppy Pregnancy Pillow
By: Leachco Boppy Pregnancy Pillows
If you have problems with your back joints, the best way to deal with the problem, especially when you are sleeping, is by using this boppy pregnant pillow. This is best especially if you want your back region and tummy to stay supported throughout the night.
Polyester is used to cover the pillow. You can also remove it for washing. Additionally, the pillow is 7 pounds in total weight.
- Dimensions- 51 X 33.5 X 8.75 inches
- For simultaneous back and belly support
- Inner curves take the shape of an hourglass
5. QUEEN ROSE Full Pregnancy Body Pillow – Boppy Pregnancy Pillow
By: QUEEN ROSE Boppy Pregnancy Pillows
Expectant mothers who are sensitive to smells should use this best boppy pregnancy pillow because it does not have any odor on it. The manufacturer uses Bionic Polyethylene; hence, the mother is very comfortable during her sleep.
The pillow is also soft to enhance added comfort for the back and tummy region. If the pillow starts to become flat, do not worry. Simply, flap it like other pillows, and the normal fluffiness will return. The pillow is customized for different purposes including breastfeeding, sitting, and reading. Also, individuals who are recovering from an injury can use this same pillow to keep them comfortable when sleeping or relaxing.
- High in density and very fluffy
- Contains bionic polyethylene
- Suitable for breastfeeding
4. Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow – Boppy Pregnancy Pillow
By: Leachco Boppy Pregnancy Pillows
The way to clean this pillow is easy: you simply use a cloth filled with soap. The manufacturer does not recommend washing it in a washing machine. However, the sleek design of this pillow ensures that the pregnant mother snuggles in between the pillow. In addition to comfort, the pillow ensures that the individual does not experience excess body heat. With this pillow, you are assured that the pillow will take the shape of your body.
- Weighs 3 pounds
- Suitable for snuggling
- Not machine washable
3. Restorology Full 60-Inches Body Pregnancy Pillow
By: Restorology Boppy Pregnancy Pillow
For those who have tried filling your bed with pillows, you know how uncomfortable it can become since you lack extra space on the bed. With this best boppy pregnancy pillow, you save a lot of bed space; thus, you are comfortable. The pillow is also suitable not only for pregnant and nursing women; anybody can use the pillow to offer relief to pain in the back, sciatica, and heartburn.
The cover has a zipper, to provide easy room for removing the cover when you want to wash it.
- Weighs 8.85pounds
- Offers full body support
- Saves space in the bed
2. Boppy Pregnancy Wedge with Jersey Slipcover, Boppy Pregnancy Pillow
By: Boppy Boppy Pregnancy Pillows
This is a small compact pillow to place on the head, tummy, back, knees and legs. The pillow is suitable for moms who are traveling. The compact design ensures that you can travel with it because of portability.
With this pillow, the mother can change position without any complications. The firmness allows it to accommodate and support the weight of the belly as it grows. Other surfaces that you can use the pillow on including the couch and the floor. You can remove the cover, and place it in the washing machine.
- Features a cotton cover
- Compact design that enhances portability
- Place it under the head, knees, back or legs
- The pillow weighs 10.6 ounces
1. PharMeDoc Full Body Pregnancy Pillow, Boppy Pregnancy Pillow
By: PharMeDoc Boppy Pregnancy Pillows
The cover is hypoallergenic and does not contain any toxic chemicals that can hurt you or the newborn child. Once you deliver the baby, do not throw away this best boppy pregnancy pillow. You can use it whenever you are nursing the baby. This pillow will offer comfort for your whole body. Thus, pregnant women can lie safely on their side.
The polyfill material ensures that you stay in one position during the night. You can also adjust the material to take the shape that you prefer. Remove the cover occasionally to clean it in the washing machine.
- Pillowcase is made of cotton
- Suitable for pregnant and nursing women, and recovering patients
- Will ensure that you breathe accurately
- Weighs about 7 pounds
Which is the best Boppy Pregnancy Pillows?
Any boppy pregnancy pillow that facilitates comfort is a necessity for pregnant women. This pillow should have different pieces made of Velcro that you attach to each other according to your need. Once you sleep on it, especially on your side, you will notice that your back and hip will no longer strain. It will also provide support from the head to your toe.
A good boppy pregnancy is portable. Therefore, it is appropriate for women who want to travel because they can put the Velcro pieces in the bag.
Why Do I need a boppy Pregnancy Pillows?
Because of their wonderful features, these pillows will ensure that the expectant mother:
- Sleeps on her side with comfort
- They are hygienic- in fact, you can wash them in a washing machine
- Ensures that you do not struggle when you are sleeping
- For body support
Other than pregnant women, you can use these same pillows to nurse babies on them. In addition to that, people who have back problems such as sciatica, and individuals who are trying to recover from an injury, should use such pillows to help them recover.
Once you deliver the baby, do not to discard the pregnancy pillow because you may need it while nursing the baby. However, consult a medical practitioner to know if your pregnancy pillow is suitable for the baby to lie on. Athletes and injured people should use this pillow to help them recover from the injury. According to the list above, the best boppy pregnancy pillow is the PharMeDoc Full Body Pregnancy Pillow. This is because you can use it when you are both pregnant and during post pregnancy duration.