Portable steam cleaners have numerous functions in our homes. First, to describe the functionality, these cleaners use steam to clean up surfaces. The user will add normal tap water into it, then the boiler, which is located inside the cleaner, will heat up the water at high temperatures to produce the necessary steam.
All contaminants, insects, and dirt that is on the surface that the steam cleaner passes through will get in contact with the water. The user will then have to wipe it out using a piece of cloth. This article will provide insight to users on the best portable steam cleaners in the market.
- List Of Best Portable Steam Cleaner in 2022 Reviews:
- Tips for Choosing a Portable Steam Cleaner:
- 7. Bissell SpotClean ProHeat Portable Spot Cleaner, Portable Steam Cleaners
- 6. Marsboy Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner – Portable Steam Cleaners
- 5. Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner
- 4. McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner – Portable Steam Cleaners
- 3. BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
- 2. Hoover FH11300PC Spotless Portable Carpet & Upholstery Spot Cleaner
- 1. Ymiko Multi-Purpose Pressurized Steam Cleaner
- Which is the best Portable steam cleaner?
- Why do I Need a Portable Steam Cleaner?
- Buyer’s Guide:
List Of Best Portable Steam Cleaner in 2022 Reviews:
Tips for Choosing a Portable Steam Cleaner:
Before you settle on a specific steam cleaner, you should consider several points:
- Size and weight: These units are famous for being portable for a reason. Be sure to check its weight specifications before you buy one. It will be important because if you want something heavy, then you would have to use extra energy when transporting it from one place to another. Size matters because you will be able to know the amount of storage that you need to store the unit. Provide enough storage for whichever tool you buy.
- Water tanks: Most of these units come with two tanks. One accommodates the clean water; in fact, this is where the heating takes place. The other one is a dirty water tank. Once you clean the spill or stain, the water goes into the dirty water tank. Make sure that you purchase one with huge capacity tanks so that you do not have to keep emptying and filling it occasionally.
- User friendliness: You do not want a unit that is difficult to set up. Experts say that users will have a better experience with the lighter version of these devices.
- Noise capacity: These devices can be noisy when using them. Check with different units to know the amount of noise that you have to deal with once you buy it.
- Accessories: These units need to have different accessories so that you are able to clean a variety of surfaces. For instance, you will need a steam mop to help you clean floor surfaces. In addition, check whether the cleaner requires you to use chemicals to mix with the water or not.
7. Bissell SpotClean ProHeat Portable Spot Cleaner, Portable Steam Cleaners
By: Bissell Portable Steam Cleaners
This is the best portable steam cleaner for removing tough stains from carpets and couch. The unit uses hot water, which you fill into the water tank. Once you fill it with water and detergent, the heatwave technology ensures that the water temperature remains constant during cleaning. I was fascinated that this cleaner can remove stains and spills from hard to reach places including dirt that you could never see with your blind eye.
The unit uses a deep reach tool for this purpose. It features a dirt tank that is 37oz in capacity. This is where all the dirt goes into. The portable cleaner is easy to use and you do not require much energy to carry this unit from one place to another.
- Comes with an easy to remove and fill water tank
- Will remove stains from carpets, couches and hard to reach places
- Lightweight hence portable
- Heatwave technology ensures that water remains hot
6. Marsboy Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner – Portable Steam Cleaners
By: Marsboy Portable Steam Cleaners
This best portable steam cleaner is strong enough to deal with all tough stains including mold, grease, and grout. If you have pets that keep messing with your carpet or mold that forms on the bathtubs and shower area, then this cleaner will take care of this problem.
One thing to appreciate the manufacturer for is the effort he puts in including a safety lock. This ensures that children are safe from the steamer. Another cool feature is that the water only takes around three minutes to be steaming hot. Additionally, it features a long cord that enables you to use it indoors and outdoors. You do not need to use a detergent when steaming surfaces with this cleaner.
- Portable and lightweight
- Environment-friendly since it does not require any chemicals
- Produces 1000w worth of energy
5. Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner
By: Bissell Portable Steam Cleaners
With this steam cleaner, you will clean tough stains from difficult areas to clean. For instance, you no longer need to struggle with stains that drop on your carpet, furniture, car seats, and upholstery. The cleaner comes with a powerful hose, which when you combine with water, ensures that all stains fade away, and prevent new stains on the same surface.
It comes with a large tank for cleaning a large surface without having to go for a refill. The 22-inch power cord will ensure that you can cover long distances with it, including outdoor cleaning. Once you start to use this cleaner, you will forget about using rags to clean carpets and seats again.
- Power cord is 22 inches
- Lightweight and portable
- Powerful suction that removes all stubborn stains
4. McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner – Portable Steam Cleaners
By: McCulloch Portable Steam Cleaner
Within eight minutes of heating, the water is at a high temperature of about 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Locate the spots and you will be cleaning all the dirt on all floors for about 45 minutes before the next refill. You will find 18 accessories, which also include a floor mop. This mop will be crucial on a sealed floor.
It also features brass bristles that users should be careful when using it. This is because they can be harsh on stainless steel coated areas; to deal with this, you should first test the surface before you begin the cleaning process. You will also not require buying any chemicals because the steam pressure is enough to remove stains on hard surfaces.
- Steam pressure is 43 psi
- The water tank is 48oz. large
- 18 extra cleaning accessories
3. BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
By: Bissell Portable Steam Cleaners
With the Bissell 2X spot and stain formula, you will be sure that no stain, regardless of how strong it is, will be able to withstand the pressure that comes with this best portable steam cleaner. The unit comes with an in-built water heater. Also, you have two water tanks: one carries the clean water while the other one carries the dirty water. The powerful spray requires you to pass through the stain or spill once.
- The machine weighs about 13. 45 pounds
- 2 water tanks: one for clean water and another for dirty water
- Features a wet vacuum
2. Hoover FH11300PC Spotless Portable Carpet & Upholstery Spot Cleaner
By: Hoover Portable Steam Cleaners
One fascinating feature of this best portable steam cleaner is that the hose normally cleans itself after use. This self-cleaning feature ensures that no bacteria or dirt rests inside it; hence, maximum functionality. The unit also comes with a cleaning formula, which will deal with all grime from the carpet and other surfaces.
Other solutions that come with this cleaner include a cleaning detergent, a pre-treat gel, and a multipurpose tool. The tool contains antimicrobial materials to prevent it from developing any bacteria or mold. The unit has a 14-inch long cord that will help you get to hard to reach places with the machine.
- Comes with two tanks: one for dirty water and another for clean water
- Features a self-cleaning technology
- The 14-inch power cord will ensure that you can clean hard to reach places
1. Ymiko Multi-Purpose Pressurized Steam Cleaner
By: Ymiko Portable Steam Cleaners
This portable steam cleaner will take 3 minutes only to attain maximum heat. From then, the hose will steam surfaces for about 20 minutes. It will deal with all kinds of dirt: from molds, grease, fungus, and many other stains. Once you finish using it, the safety lock comes in place to prevent children from hurting themselves. The cleaning process is easy and does not require any chemicals to get the cleaning going.
It comes with nine extra accessories to ensure maximum cleaning. The cleaning hose rotates at 180 degrees to deal with all types of dirt on surfaces such as carpets, sinks, bathtubs, and refrigerators. You can also use it to clean outdoor surfaces.
- Has a tank capacity of 250 ml
- Steam temperature is 170 degrees Celsius
- Power cord is 6.5 ft
Which is the best Portable steam cleaner?
These portable or handheld steam cleaners are for small cleaning tasks at home. Therefore, you should consider buying one that will clean different appliances and surfaces. Be sure to check whether these cleaners contain sharp bristles that can hurt some sensitive surfaces.
Why do I Need a Portable Steam Cleaner?
Portable steam cleaners are essential tools for cleaning different surfaces in the kitchen, bathroom, the couch, car seats and carpets. They not only remove stains and spills, but also help to deal with unseen dirt and abnormal growth of fungus, molds, and bacteria. In short, it helps to sanitize different surfaces.
With all these portable steam cleaners, it would be difficult to choose the right one for use. However, we have made work easier for you. You can now decide on the most suitable for your needs. Ensure that you read instructional manuals before you start using any of them. This is because some of these steam cleaners require chemicals to operate while others only need water.
Also, when washing glass, it is advisable not to clean it with this steamer when the weather is cold. You do not want cracks to form on it. The Yumiko Multi-Purpose Pressurized Steam Cleaner stands out amongst the list. The steamer heats the water within three minutes. Also, its design makes sure that you can carry it around the house without struggling to lift it.