The best move you could make for your family today is getting one of the top 10 best family tents. Camping is now more fun than ever before. Nowadays, the best family tents have been made to be extremely convenient. They have definitely become a home away from home. Sometimes during camping, you may end up worrying about how your kids are doing in the other tents. This will no longer be the case. As the name suggests, family tents are large enough to accommodate every single person. All you have to do is pick the right tent suitable for your family.
The best family tents come with a variety of features that enhance your experience as well. If you are big on spending time with your family, you should definitely get one. Your outdoors bonding experience will never be the same again. You will have more than enough room to play games, catch up and even tell ghost stories, under one cozy roof.
- List of Best Family Tent in 2022 Reviews:
- Factors to consider when buying a family tent:
- 10. Wnnideo Automatic Instant Pop Up Tent Outdoor 4-6 Person Family Tent Waterproof
- 9. Browning Camping Big Horn Family/Hunting Tent
- 8. Ozark Trail Family Cabin Tent
- 7. CORE 9 Person Instant Cabin Tent – 14′ x 9′
- 6. Standing Room Family Cabin Tent 8.5 FEET OF HEAD ROOM 2 or 4
- 5. Coleman Tenaya Lake Fast Pitch Cabin Tent
- 4. Wenzel 8 Person Klondike Tent
- 3. Coleman Evanston Screened Tent
- 2. Coleman 8-Person Instant Tent
- 1. Coleman Montana 8-Person Tent
List of Best Family Tent in 2022 Reviews:
Factors to consider when buying a family tent:
The number of people: how big is your family? This is a question that you need to ask yourself. Some family tents are able to hold 4 people while others are able to hold up to 10. You should, first of all, consider the size of your household before settling for a family tent. This way, everyone will be able to sleep comfortably.
The height of the tent: This is important because it will determine the freedom you will have of movement. If the tent you buy is high enough, you will be able to maneuver around with so much ease. Make sure you always check the measurements of the family tent you plan to buy.
The material of the tent: The material of the family tent you buy will determine a lot of things. Some materials are more durable than others. They will last longer and will serve you better. On the other hand, some family tents are constructed with materials which even have water-resistant capabilities. Always analyze the type of material used to construct the family tent you want.
Ventilation: A family tent should be well ventilated for great air circulation. It is healthy, especially since a number of people are meant to occupy the tent simultaneously. The tent you plan to buy should have enough windows and doors for this purpose.
10. Wnnideo Automatic Instant Pop Up Tent Outdoor 4-6 Person Family Tent Waterproof
By: Wnnideo Family Tents
Wnnideo provides you with one of the best waterproof tents. It is popular because setting it up takes about a minute. This can be attributed to its unique design. I would recommend this family tent for camping in areas which are extremely windy. It has been engineered with one of the most wind resistant frames that I have ever come across.
The tent is anchored by the redesigned poles for that function. That is part of the reasons why its performance is beyond average. The best thing about this tent is that it is equally resistant to water as it is to UV rays.
- The family tent is can fit 4 adults.
- If the occupants are children, it will be able to fit about 6 of them.
9. Browning Camping Big Horn Family/Hunting Tent
By: Browning Camping Family Tents
Among the tents on this list, this is one of the strongest ones available in the market. It has been constructed with steel uprights and fiberglass poles to give it that additional strength and support. This is the kind of family tent to go for if you will wish for some bit of privacy. Reason being, it has a wall divider that can be used to create two rooms in the tent. For proper ventilation, the tent has a mesh roof, and six windows, including two large doorways. Your purchase will also include a polyester fly, guy ropes, and steel stakes.
- The family tent has mesh storage pockets.
- The tent weighs about 34lbs.
8. Ozark Trail Family Cabin Tent
By: Ozark Family Tents
Ozark probably has one of the largest family tents in the market. It can accommodate up to 10 occupants simultaneously. I was definitely impressed by how the tent was capable of holding three queen-sized air mattresses. It will still offer more than enough room to spare after containing the mattresses.
This particular tent comes with a pair of room dividers, which can be easily removed if need be. When the room dividers are used, the tent ends up having 3 separate rooms. For additional privacy, the family tent has separate entrances. This is provided by the center door and two side doors.
- The family tent has taped fly seams.
- It is an all-weather tent.
7. CORE 9 Person Instant Cabin Tent – 14′ x 9′
By: CORE Equipment Family Tents
During the making of this tent, CORE H20 Block Technology was used. The tent has very fast water runoff thanks to its active bead technology capability and usage of water-repellent fabrics. It is one of the best waterproof options you can go for. Even the window and door seals are resistant to water. The seams of the tent have all been sealed for that purpose as well. I
- The tent comes with a carry bag.
- It has an electrical access port.
6. Standing Room Family Cabin Tent 8.5 FEET OF HEAD ROOM 2 or 4
By: Standing Room Tents
This type of tent will provide you with enough freedom to move around. It has headroom of 8.5 feet, which will allow you to walk around, stand, and stretch out as much as you want. Setting it up will take only a couple of minutes and does not need any specialized knowledge. To make your stay even more comfortable, it comes with 4 storage pouches.
- It has 2 power cord outlets.
- The tent can accommodate 4 people.
5. Coleman Tenaya Lake Fast Pitch Cabin Tent
By: Coleman Family Tents
I would recommend this family tent for people who want a more organized alternative. One of the reasons why it stands out is the fact that it has some amazing features. Inside the tent, you will get an in-built closet. The closet has shelves to better arrange your belongings and a hanger bar for your clothes. This family tent has patented welded floors thanks to its Weather Tec system.
- The tent has inverted seams to keep you dry.
- The closet measures 2 x 2-foot.
4. Wenzel 8 Person Klondike Tent
With this Klondike family tent, you will get a 90sq.ft area and a screen porch. You will have the time of your life with the “camping porch”. It will make you feel at home while providing sun and weather protection. The front awning is most certainly one of the tent’s strong points. The tent windows are zippered and the roof vents are made of mesh.
- The family tent comes with a gear loft.
- You will also get a carry bag.
3. Coleman Evanston Screened Tent
By: Coleman Family Tents
Coleman offers you another great screened tent option. It comes with a convenient plastic floor and is green in color. Like other Coleman tents, you can rest assured that it has great performance. This family tent can withstand winds of about 20-30mph easily. Even when faced with a storm, you will still have some piece of mind. You will remain as dry as ever, regardless of the intensity or direction of the rain.
- The family tent has fiberglass poles.
- It can hold anywhere from 2 to 4 individuals.
2. Coleman 8-Person Instant Tent
By: Coleman Family Tents
One of the reasons why setting up this tent will take you the shortest time is because of its overall construction. The poles of the tent come pre-attached for that purpose. All one needs to do is unfold it then spread it out. After that, you’ll just have to extend the poles, click and lock them into place. The tent has 7 windows for enhanced air circulation and thick waterproof walls.
- The family tent comes with an installation manual.
- You will get a 1-year warranty.
1. Coleman Montana 8-Person Tent
By: Coleman Family Tents
There you have it, the Coleman Montana 8-Person Tent is the most preferred family tent. The fact that it is Amazon’s choice, says it all. The tent has an extended door awning. This comes in handy for placing your shoes and gear. The best part is that it will continue to keep them dry. Unlike some of the tents, we have seen, this one has patented corner welds. When you combine them with the inverted seams, the weather Tec system becomes more efficient than ever.
- The family tent is very portable.
- It has a simple set up process.